What should you do if the coronavirus pandemic is disrupting your grant project plan? We understand very well the disappointment and worry you may be experiencing.
To address this critical situation, the Foundation will respond by being as flexible as possible. Grant payments will be issued normally, even though significant changes to project plans may be required due to the pandemic.
Please follow these instructions if your project plan is affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
• We request that all the participants in the project be paid as agreed, and no one is to be left without their fee due to the pandemic.
• If it is not possible to go on with your research or artistic work, you may consider adapting your plans to better suit the current situation. You may present us with an alternative plan for using your grant if the coronavirus pandemic prevents your project from being conducted according to the original plan. Please let us know about the changes in the online grants system.
• If you have lost travel, conference or production costs due to the pandemic, we recommend you contact the organisers to whom the payments were made to discuss alternatives with them. Please remember to use your insurance if you have coverage. Kone Foundation will not request repayment of the already issued grant payments if you are forced to cancel your journey, presentation or event, and if the costs of cancellation remain to be paid from your project budget. Please let us know about these costs in your interim or final report.
• If your grant project is affected by the pandemic, we will extend the period in which the grant may be used by 12 months. Please let us know if you wish to use this option.
• We recommend that you include all loss of income due to the pandemic.
• We ask you to make travel decisions as well as the decision about forthcoming events based on the emergency law authorised by the Finnish parliament or the guidelines set forth by public authorities in the country or countries of your destination. We recommend that you keep in mind that the coronavirus pandemic may not pass as quickly as current estimations predict.
• If you have a research project, you can contact Director of Research Funding Kalle Korhonen directly by email or mobile. For all practical matters, our grants team will help you:
firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 9 260 0617 (Mon-Thu from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.).